As at 15 August 2020
Ness Consulting Services (Pty) Ltd (“Ness”, the “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to treating any information that we obtain about you with as much care as possible and in a manner that is compliant with all applicable information and data protection legislation including the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act. The POPI Act aims to regulate and protect both customer and employee personal information. NESS, like all other public and private organisations, is legally obliged to protect any personal information we hold for our clients, our suppliers and our employees.
Adherence to the Principles of POPI, as detailed in this statement, will ensure compliance with the Act to which NESS is committed. In brief, the principles of POPI are as follows:
- People have the right to privacy and confidentiality relating to their personal information. As custodians of our clients and employees’ data and information we need to make sure we protect it.
- People can be adversely affected if their data is misused or gets into the wrong hands, through poor security or through careless disclosures.
- People can also be adversely affected if their data is inaccurate or insufficient and decisions are made about them, or about what services to provide to them, on the basis of this data.
- All personal information must be handled and dealt with properly and appropriately, however it is collected, recorded and used, and whether it is on paper, in computer records or recorded by any other means.
- Information should only be used for the purposes for which it was provided.
The personal information we collect:
- We collect personal information to ensure that you have access to our services and products and also to ensure that we are continuously improving our service offering to our customers and prospects
- We will only collect information that we need for the purpose of completing a given transaction
- We will collect information directly from you or from other authorised sources for the purpose of providing services to you
- We may at times use “cookies” to collect information which will allow us to track standard internet visitor usage information
- We request consent from the data subject to process their personal information
The purposes for which we collect the information
We will use the information for purposes that have been agreed with you or purposes that are standard operating principles in business. When that purpose has lapsed, the information will be destroyed. However, there will be instances where information must be kept for longer than the purpose it was collected for, in that instance, NESS will keep the information safe solely for the purpose of complying with the other Act. Personal Information will then be destroyed as soon that period lapses.
Below are some examples of activities for which we may use the information we collect from you. This list is not exhaustive and is provided for illustrative purposes.
- To provide you with our product and services
- To provide underwriters with required information
- To assess and process claims
- To address your service requests, queries and complaints
- To verify your identity and confirm that you are the authorised user
- For fraud prevention and detection and other legal compliance requirements
We may be required to use your information to comply with legal, regulatory and industry requirements which apply to us and also when it is allowed by law.
Your rights with regards to your information:
Subject to any conditions or requirements set out in the relevant legislation and/or regulations, you may have some or all of the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
- You can request a copy of your personal information held by us
- You have the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information held by us
- You have the right to request that we erase personal data we hold about you
- You have the right to have your personal data transferred to another organisation except where this is done in order to provide products and services to you
- You have a right to complain about any matter that may arise from handling of your personal information
Sharing information with third parties and affiliates:
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements with our service providers that they comply with the required privacy terms.
We may also disclose your information where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of the law and industry regulations.
Storage of information
Our information security policies and practices are designed to ensure that your personal information will be protected both in transit and at rest. For protecting information in transit and at rest we may choose to encrypt sensitive data or use encrypted connections to protect the information. We have a legal obligation to ensure adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. As part of our commitment to good governance, we review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information is secure.
Questions and Complaints
For all questions or complaints about this statement, please contact us via :